Oct 28, 2015

Nordic Christmas Sweater & Sleigh Silhouette Altered Tag

tag 1

 I had such a great time making with my first nordic background tag HERE.  Linda's Christmas knit was such an inspiration to me.  I came across this awesome stamp on clearance for $4 and just had to get it!  Later that week I saw this lady in a grey and cream sweater and I just knew I had to recreate it into a tag!  I decided this adorable sleigh silhouette would be the perfect focal point.

tag 2

I used Weathered Wood, Frayed Burlap, and Pumice Stone Distress inks to create my background.  The focal image and text was stamped with Vivid Cobblestone.  I layered an industrious sticker over the bottom seam and tore the top.

tag 3

I stamped this JOY sentiment by Paperbag Studios and embossed it twice with grey UTEE.  I sponged a bit of black around the edges to make it look like metal.

tag 4

 For the topper, I layered with some Tim Holtz Sizzix greenery, some charcoal twine, and a jingle bell.  I was inspired by THIS pin.

tag 5

 I used some mini alphas to stamp the text onto a scrap.  I added some pom pom fringe and then stitched around the edges.  I'd have to say this is my favorite tag so far, even though it is not bright or traditional.  I just love the wintry feel of it!  Linda has such an amazing selection of Christmas items and is running a flash sale on Tim Holtz products at her shop, The Funkie Junkie Boutique, now through the 10/31!

To see all the posts in this series, click HERE.

tag 6

I'm linking my tag to The Funkie Junkie 12 Days of Christmas tag challenge HERE, to Fashionable Stamping for their Changing Seasons challenge HERE, to Craft Stamper for their 'Take A Technique' Ink Stitch Paint Collage Print Paper challenge HERE, to WOW! Embossing Powder for their October embossing challenge HERE, and to Winter Wonderland for their Jingle Bells challenge HERE.

27 comments:

Fabiola said...

Lovely, you did a great job, your tag is so sweet, i would lové you to play with us at christmas stampińall year long, biz

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous tag! I love seeing the close-ups of all the details! Love how you embossed the Joy!

Connie Mercer said...

Stunning~gorgeous tag :)

Mary Brack said...

Beautiful card Autumn!

Yvonne Garner said...

Your work is exquisite! Just became a follower!

Sandra Wright. said...

This is such a stunning Tag...unfortunately we do not accept card/paper Tags in our challenges...sorry.
Sandie.Dt at http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.co.uk/

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow! What a beautiful tag! Love the nordic theme! So elegant looking!

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing tag Autumn - love it - the soft colours and that wonderful background with the contrasting silhouette stamp.
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

Those soft neutral colours work really well with the Nordic feel to you gorgeous tag Autumn.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning Nordic tag the colours and the design are perfect.
hugs
lorraine x

Linda said...

Your tag is stunning .... love the colour combination. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

ElizabethR said...

That's a beautiful tag and a lovely stamp. Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft Stamper Challenge, Elizabeth x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! What a beautiful tag!!! I love the way you did your sentiment!

Esther said...

Lovely tag - it's amazing where we find inspiration, that stamp is great and your tag perfect for our Changing seasons challenge...thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Oolong I adore this. The colours are beautiful and the background truly makes me think of a Fair Isle sweater.
The stamps is perfect along with all the sweet little gatherings of bells, jute, etc
Wishes
Lynne

Petra Swart said...

WOW, what a stunning tag, Autumn!!! I love all the beautiful detail and how you've done the embossing of the sentiment!!! You have really put together all the lovely elements perfectly to create a beautiful tag!!! (...going back to have another look!!!!)
Have a great Friday!!!!

Anke said...

Wonderful tag, I love it.

Hugs
Anke

Ps.: Thanks so much for your nice comments ...

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning tag! Love the bow and bell! :-)
Lucy x

Words and Pictures said...

I just love this - neutrals are really my favourite colours for Christmas and the soft subtle palette here is stunning!
Alison x

Peanut said...

WOW! Beautiful tag. Amazing attention to detail... LOVE it!
hugs, Asha

Mrs.B said...

Hi Autum, this is a beautiful tag, love the neutral background with the bold focal silhouette. Lovely embellishments and details.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC.
Avril xx

craftytrog said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the colour scheme Autumn!
Alison x

Rocky said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful tag! What more can I say, it's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.

sally said...

What a lovely wintry feel you've achieved with this tag!

Sally

Yvonne Garner said...

I commented earlier. Back now to thank you for joining in at FSC! Perfect for our challenge!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is absolutely wonderful, Autumn. I love the way you used the nordic knit pattern and the colors really lovely! The silhouette stamp is perfect as are your beautiful embellishments. Great work - so great to have you joining in the fun with me this year for my challenge!

sarascloset said...

Autumn, I love this tag; probably my favorite! Love those muted colors and the stamp is just perfect for this scene! And the addition of the stitching is just the icing on this beautiful cake! What a fabulous tag you made for your tag; I've never heard of grey UTEE! Big hugs!

Popular Posts