Aug 11, 2016

Playing with Graphic Patterns and Watercolor Resist

card 1

Pattern.  Quite simply the reason we are drawn to cardmaking!  I absolutely adore graphic patterns as well as beautiful natural patterns.  Right now I am completely smitten with watercolor and love creating organic patterns with the flowing ink, but sometimes want to further my color with more graphic elements.  For this card, I chose embossing resist.  This beautiful border stamp by Tim Holtz was turned on its side to create a “grounding” for my bundle.  Next, I used varied shades of pinks, oranges, and even grey to pool colors around my embossed image.  Some washi tape and text stamping add to the layering of my patterns, and even some solid color in the strip across.

card 2

I decided to cut my Lynne Perrella image in half and stretch it further across the card.  I wanted the heart to be closer to her.  I tucked in some white flowers and added a Finnabair butterfly, as if they were kisses.  The word “beautiful” completes the collage, a die cut by Verve.  I love gathering all of my stamps from different companies to play, I love adding the variety of patterns and designs together.  Thank you PaperArtsy for continuing to inspire me with out of the box challenge themes and new ways to play.

I'm sharing with:

18 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Very modern and striking project. The watery background and the colours you've used are gorgeous and it has produced a stunning effect. Thank you for sharing this fabulous project x

brenda said...

As always a super creation Autumn, always a pleasure to see your work.

B x

SD pooja said...

Wow..BEautiful! Your card are always very interesting and have fun techniques !

Tee said...

This is beautiful! Gorgeous work!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Autumn!! The colors are amazing!! I love your layering of elements and images!! It's stunning my friend!! Wow!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Redanne said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, the colours are wonderful and your placement of the elements is superb. A very elegant and stylish and the watercolour resist is truly beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

cotnob said...

A super card, lots of fabulous details.
Pauline
x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous love all the details and fabulous watercoloured resist background
Carol x

sarascloset said...

Oh,Autumn, I am so happy I peeked in to see this lovely creation! I love emboss resist, and this is gorgeous with those watery colors to compliment the crisp white. May I ask what the name of that TH stamp is? It looks like a doily. Love the pattern! Big hugs to you, and can't wait to see your last post...I need to learn how to make those boxes. :):)

Vintagehandmade said...

Wow, Autumn, this is so beautiful! I love your stunning colors and that watercolor resist is awesome! It's brilliant, my friend! Hugs! Branka xx

Marjan said...

Very beautiful, love those colours and your artistic design!

kiwimeskreations said...

Autumn this is fabulous - almost haunting. Love all your textures and the 'rigidity' of the black stamping over and against the fluid water colour paints adn the the floral border.
Blessings
Maxine

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Wow Autumn! This is so beautiful! The pooling of colours surrounding the embossing is fabulous! Hugs, Chrisx

Sue said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful colours and so many fab ideas for me to squirrel away ;-) xx

Maikreations said...

Stunning project ;o) Love all the details and the bright pink! Thank you for playing along with us at the PINspirational challenge! Happy crafting, Maike

María Pilar said...

Gorgeous project. Thanks for joining us at Retarte#83
Maria Pilar (Retarte DT Coordinator)

Julie Lee said...

Autumn, this is so beautiful! I love the way you alter the stamped image - wonderful placement. Lynne Perrella was one of the first artists that attracted me to mixed media and I still find her work an inspiration!

A Pink said...

Fabulous piece with a real funky feel . love it x

Popular Posts