Oct 22, 2016

Dark and Moody Double Take


I hope you are having a lovely October day today.  :)  I'm sharing a couple of dark and moody cards with you, each having a pink/purple offset to balance the dark.  I hope to find time to work on some more pink creations to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness, but have a busy weekend ahead.  I left these cards without sentiments and thought I could stamp out a strip of text and tuck in there at the last minute, pending the occasion.  So imagine they each have a beautiful verse or saying...


This was my recipe as I stated in the Dark and Moody Background Tutorial: First add something light and lacy to balance the dark, but still allow your beautiful background to show through.  Try lace or holey dies.  Next add some embellishments in a cluster.  You can use several flowers, or a combination of ribbon, sentiments, stamped images, etc.  Finally, add some more shimmer.  You can add  microbeads or chunky glitter, or sequins as I have.


Both of these cards feature handmade flowers.  I layered this flowers over some embossed vellum flowers, a favorite layering element.  I added splashes of black to tie in the distressed black edges of the background.




I'm sharing with:

27 comments:

Sue said...

A gorgeous card Autumn, and your dark and moody tutorial is brilliant! Have a fun weekend xx

brenda said...

Gorgeous card as always Autumn and loving your choice of colours.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

SD pooja said...

Stunning cards!! Pink n purple looks Beautiful against the bold black bg !

Marjan said...

Beautiful cards, the both of them! Love the colours you chose and your flowers are amazing!

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL creations Autumn!

Lisa said...

Wow, Autumn, they are both absolutely stunning!! The colors look amazing on the dark backgrounds!! The details are perfect!! Gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Redanne said...

Oh my, what beautiful cards! I love the beautifully moody backgrounds you created, leaving the stunning flowers to take centre stage - gorgeous!! Hugs, Anne xx

Mimi said...

Oh my... my eyes are, like, so wide open... love evry detail of these beauties! (Though YOU KNOW I love the geometric flair of the 1st...)

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully designed cards Autumn and fabulous colours xxx

rachel said...

these are absolutely stunning Autumn - wow - gorgeous - must get some dark card out and have a play! Hugs rachel x

Helen Wallace said...

Ah moody is just gorgeous; the soft colours to balance the dark background work perfectly. Especially love the vellum flowers. TFS

Tracey said...

Another work of art.....beautiful creating Autumn. Enjoy your weekend!

brenda said...

Just popped back to thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Lisa said...

These are oh so beautiful.....LOVE the contrast of the dark background and the light embellishments.....awesome!

Gerda said...

Both cards are beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

Denise van Deventer said...

Both cards are just gorgeous and I love the handmade flowers! Stunning! ;-)

Pawsitively Creative said...

Wonderful dark and moody stunners you have created here. I can totally see the sentiment on there. Something about being dark and mysterious.....Your backgrounds are lookers and so fun to see the brights with the dark. Awesome sauce flowers! You rock! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

Marty F said...

I love your dark and moody cards, Autumn, they are just stunning! Always love your handmade flowers :-) Hugs!

debby4000 said...

What wonderful cards, if I received one I would have to put them in a frame, gorgeous artwork.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Georgiana said...

Wow! Very cool! Thank you for joining our “Think Pink” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

Vintagehandmade said...

Wow, they are both fantastic, Autumn! I love your magical moody backgrounds and those awesome flowers! Marvelous job, my dear! Big hugs! Branka xx

Mummylade said...

I love the colours, thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous details.
Thank you for sharing with Allsorts challenge this weeks and good luck x Susan x

Lisa J said...

Both great projects. Thanks for playing along with us this month. Lisa DT Dragonfly Dreams

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous moody cards love the colours and brilliant texture
Carol x

sarascloset said...

Beautiful dark and moody cards with a fabulous tutorial! Well done, Autumn! Hugs!

Popular Posts