Apr 19, 2017

Tim Holtz Paper Dolls and Distress Oxide Cards


I'm thrilled today to be a guest at Crafting by Designs, a fun and inspiring challenge blog.  The theme for this challenge is Vintage, and you all know that's my jam.  I was inspired to play with Distress Oxide inks and some of Tim Holtz's new Ideaology products.


For this card I tinted texture paste as described in my article HERE.  I used one of Tim's new stencils.  This is one of my favorite stencils of his ever!  I layered the paper dolls with his new floral cutouts, which have the butterflies included.


The sentiment is from his new Quote Chips.  I love these so much!!!  The jumbo size rocks my boat.  The stamp at the bottom is also Tim's from an older release, which I picked up for a song at HL.


For this card I did a stencil monoprint with DOX over an DOX inky background.  I really loved the accentuated chalkiness on the monoprint.  I used the same collage elements, but the result is entirely different than the first card, however just as fun.  I hope you enjoyed seeing these, thanks for your visit!  Do hop on over to Crafting by Designs and enter a Vintage themed project of your own.  :)


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

19 comments:

Mimi said...

Autumn, you crack me up. Your art is like candy for the eyes, but your blog is food for the crafter's soul, LOL! Boat's be rocking, etc.!😂 I love the look of the tinted texture paste over the background of the first -- reminiscent of historical wallpaper! Yes, please!

sarascloset said...

Ooooh, la, la! autumn, two very amazing backgrounds and resultant cards! So inspiring, makes me want to get into the Closet and get those Oxides out! So sad, I have none of the new Tim products at all, and I'm getting into a little funk in creating. You are just the inspiration I need today, my friend! hugs!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are both brilliant. The way you used the oxides makes them really look like paint! I adore the stencil and the burlap mat especially!

Linda Kunsman said...

I so love the vintage look and think your cards are just brilliant!

Redanne said...

Wonderfully vintage, beautiful designs, gorgeous backgrounds, I do love these! Hugs xx

Lisa said...

Wow, these are stunning, Autumn!! Wow!! I love the backgrounds!! The colors and textures are fabulous!! Amazing, my friend!! Love these!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

I love the vintage look of these. They look more like works of art than greeting cards. ;) They are really beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us at Crafty Creations! Ciao, Lisa

Maura said...

Gorgeous distress oxide backgrounds, Autumn! Love the vintage images with the blue-greens! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

Petra Swart said...

Love the vintage look of these, Autumn and the colours are beautiful!!!! Wonderfully done!!!!
Hugz

Brenda Brown said...

Oh my gosh I just adore these xxx

Helen Wallace said...

Oh gosh - you just make those DOX products sing!! Still waiting here for ours to arrive. I think they are coming from the moon! But you are creating up a storm and I love both of these vintage cards

Josephine said...

Great projects.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Nicola Gold said...

Awesome vintage style. I love Tim Holtz too! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafting with an Attitude Challenge 'Anything Goes' April 2017.
Nicola, CWAA DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

Words and Pictures said...

Great cards with lovely Oxide backgrounds - those Paper Dolls are just endlessly delightful, aren't they?
Alison x

Maikreations said...

Awesome background - love how you have combined all these different textures. Thank you for joining our "Things with Wings" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Happy crafting, Maike

Judy McKay said...

Beautifully designed cards. Love the backgrounds. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this month. Hope to see your beautiful art work back here again soon. Judy DT

Cicci said...

So beutiful Done this is a A wonderful creation !! It's just gorgeous!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
Through The Craft Room Door
this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Hugs Cicci
DT member at TTCRD

Cicci With The Pen {My Blog}

Marty F said...

More paper dolls - yay! This is pretty CAS for you, but certainly doesn't look simple with your amazing inky backgrounds. Love these, Autumn! Hugs :-)

Paper Wishes said...

These are gorgeous cards I love your rich colours the surface texture you have created and the dark blue mount is perfect with it. These children are so charming just think how old they are and they still win our hearts today. Lovely work x Amanda

Popular Posts