Nov 11, 2017

Tim Holtz Thank You Veteran's Day Card


Happy Veteran's Day friends!  Today is a very special day in our home when we thank my darling husband for his sacrifice and service in the US Army.  He was a tank driver and was in the Iraqi conflict when our oldest son was born.  This morning we are making a huge breakfast (his favorite meal) to celebrate, then are enjoying the Clemson ball game with pizza from his favorite spot.  I hope it will be an amazing day for him.  My children really try to show him their admiration and love, which is so precious.  <3


I had been spying this Momenta brand flat die on the sale rack at HL and when I stopped in for my regular weekly purchase of Beacon 3 in 1 glue with my good old 40% off coupon, the die had been marked down to $4!  Yippee!  I cut one pass with thin chipboard, then one pass with a navy Basic Grey paper to coordinate with the Tim Holtz 8x8 Etcetera stash pad.  This is my go to paper for every patriotic card!  I layered in some of Tim's tissue tape.  The sentiment is Memory Box Thank You Manuscript.


Since my husband is now a postman, I added the postage stamp die in the background and selected parts of the paper with the words "postal" and "service" along with a fussy cut envelope.


I wrapped ribbon around my base layers and secured with Tim's Tiny Attacher.  I added a loopy twine bow and a button, which I aged with black gesso.  I really enjoyed making this card and hope he will love it too!  Please take time today to thank the servicemen and women in your life and pray for the state of our country.

"for the Lord will again rejoice over you for good, just as He rejoiced over your fathers; if you obey the Lord your God to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law, if you turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and soul."  Deuteronomy 30:9b-10 NASB


I'm sharing with:

28 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A very Thankful day for all. Your card is beautiful with your heartfelt wishes. A blessed day to you and your Family Autumn, time is so precious. Warm Hugs Tracey xx

Jerrie said...

Thank your husband for his service. Many of my family members have served too. My son was also in Iraq for his deployment. Glad to have him back and have already called him this am. Your card is a great tribute to your husbands service.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Autumn!! I love the papers and layers!! The details you added are fabulous!! Perfect to celebrate our Veterans!! Thank your husband for his service to our country!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Claire said...

Oh my Autumn, its really beautiful and so poignant. Your husband is a very brave man together with all service men, it is Rememberance Day here in the UK and the whole Country stood to a 2 minute silence at 11am as a mark of respect, its so important to acknowledge these days and your card is a treasured reminder x

Redanne said...

The papers were the perfect choice for your beautiful patriotic card Autumn. I am so glad your hubby came home safely and I am thankful that my own dad came back from the WW2 safely too. We all have such a lot to be thankful for.... Hugs, Anne xx

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is so gorgeous Autumn! I love the design and the papers and die cuts you used .. simply perfect. Like Anne I am so glad your husband came home safely. My husband served for Australia in Vietnam and, luckily for us, he also came home. I give thanks to Our Lord for that, every day. hugs xx

Kate Yetter said...

The perfect card to celebrate our brave men and women! I love that you used our colors but also a travel/air mail theme. And a fabulous button!
Have a great weekend, Autumn.
Kate

Jackie PN said...

You are so very clever with your layers Autumn!
What an excellent card and tribute to those who served!
Jackie xo

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Gorgeous card Autumn! I love the design, fabulous papers, and dies...perfect for your hubby! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Brenda DT

P.S. Thank your hubby for his service!

Susan said...

I love this card! Liked that you didn't forget Alaska! This is a perfect card for veterans or current soldiers. The military button is a great touch - I have a few of those I've never known how to use!

Linda Kunsman said...

a really beautiful card Autumn and I love how well coordinated every bit is. Good for you to snap up that bargain die too!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is super cool, Autumn. I love the patriotic feel and the awesome USA colors. Love it! Thanks SO much for stopping by to share with us in our final challenge. I hope you will be sure to join us tomorrow for our BLOG HOP. One lucky person will win the Monthly Ribbon Assortment. Hope to see you there.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Mac Mable said...

Took me awhile to comment as I have read it a few times. Such a heartfelt and personal creation. You must be and clearly are so very proud of your husband x Amazing card x Hope you had a marvellous and memorable day? x

Sherrie K. said...

First of all, thank you to your husband for his service to our Country!! We are so thankful to all the soldiers who are currently serving and who have served!
I love your patriotic card! The postal background is such a fun idea since that is what he does now. I love the textures and layers to! Wonderful design my friend!
Have a wonderful day!
Sherrie K

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fabulous in every way and detail!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Autumn! What a beautiful card for your beloved dear husband, and thank him for his service. And thank all those who have served our country. What a blessing and a sacrifice. I absolutely love this gorgeous card in tribute of Veterans Day and am so blessed to call you friend, Autumn! You are loved and bless us all!! Hugs! xoxo

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A wonderful card, and I am also thankful for your husband’s service. Thanks for sharing!

Helen Wallace said...

A standout card to celebrate the service of your Husband. Like so many around the world, he's done the hard yards so we can live in peace. Beautiful work.

Macarena said...

Amazing as always. Love the colors and the map. Great distressing and patterns. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Marjan said...

Congratulations! You can be very proud of your husband and I'm sure he will be very happy with your card and all the nice things you prepared for him!

maj. said...

Beautiful card!!!

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

What a super card, and so fitting!
Hugs D xx

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Perfectly vintage and filled with so many wonderful details! You never cease to amaze!Thanks for sharing this with us at the final challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon! We so appreciate your support and wish you lots of happy creative time with ribbon!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such an awesome looking card Autumn...love the vintage feeling details you added and the overall design is fab.
so well done mf.
xx Karen

sweetpea said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with an Attitude Janet DT

CJ said...

Lovely card.
Thanks for participating.
Regards,
Catherine Joseph
DT - Crafting with an Attitude

Liz Williams said...

This is an amazing masculine card, and I love that it was made for one of our service men. Thanks for including it with the CCEEstampers challenge as well.

Theresa said...

great male card. love all the details. thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Popular Posts